My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Daisy's Bookshelf - Right Side Painting


You guys remember the post last month of Daisy's purple bookshelf? Here's a shot of the left side painting that I did:

Finished this side panel on April 17.

I finally finished painting the other side. It took me much longer than the first side, because I lost motivation. Sitting on the floor is super uncomfortable, and I just didn't care for a while. Then one day, I said, "Deb, finish this thing before that baby comes or you'll never do it!" I couldn't stand the thought of having a half-painted bookshelf.

Here's the photo progression of the other side: 
I learned from the other side that painting a white base was the best way to get sharp colors.

Rufio always chills out right next to me when I'm working on projects. 

I decided that this looked more like a turkey than a peacock, so...

I went green. 

This is the part that sat unfinished for the longest period of time, because I wasn't sure where to go from here.
This picture was taken on April 24.

This picture was taken on May 19, making nearly a month of stalling from the last addition.

Today, after I did a thousand other things, I sat down and thought, "Just add dots, Deb." I'm not completely satisfied with the flowers in the corners, but I really don't care anymore. The whole project has taken about two months from when I first spray painted the bookshelf purple to when I'll seal it with polyurethane, which hopefully will happen before June!


Whew! 


At one point I considered painting a canvas for Daisy's room. No way, Jose. My creativity is at a low right now. I just hung pictures in the guest room, and I think I've lost my edge. It looks kinda wonky in there. I'll share it with you after I get some second opinions from family members. 


Hopefully we'll be getting our crib and dresser this week too, so next weekend we can set up the furniture. We're getting closer!

Comments

Popular Posts