My Etsy Shop - Instagram

I Love My Aunt Picture Frame

A few weeks ago was my sister's birthday, and I ordered her gift too late to give it to her at her party. I didn't want to come empty handed, so I thought, "I'll throw together a cute decoupaged frame!" I thought I'd take a page out of her book and grabbed two frames from my empty frame collection. 

Decoupaging isn't my strong suit. I failed in so many ways. 

I finally got the paper to stick a little bit, but it still peeled on the corners, so I hot-glued some rick rack for stability and silk daisies for style (ha) and called it a day. It was supposed to be an afternoon project but turned into a multiple-day project. 


I gave one frame to my sister on her birthday and sent the other frame over to China with my parents for my other sister. They're the aunts that Daisy already loves. 

The frames definitely look like Daisy made them herself, but whatever. I wanted to share some of my lesser proud craft moments. Not everything turns out pinterest-worthy or even remotely like I originally planned. In fact, I produce very few pinterest-worthy projects. Since these frames will hold pictures of a child, I think the child-like design is appropriate. 

The frames were salvageable, but there are projects that I just pitch completely

Comments

Popular Posts