Looking for something [basically] free to do with your kids this Christmas season? Here are two cheap ideas that my kids (and their friends) loved.
Materials Needed for Both Crafts:
1. Construction Paper - Green and any other additional colors of your choice.
3. Glue Sticks
4. (Optional and not pictured) Christmas stickers
Craft #1 - Paper Mosaic Christmas Tree
1. Draw a large triangle on a white page.
2. Cut green construction paper into small triangles.
3. Glue green triangles onto large drawn triangle. Start at the bottom and work up.
You may have to adjust your child's triangle if the shape isn't quite tree-like.
4. Decorate! We used Christmas stickers, but you can also use other colored paper pieces or markers.
Craft #2 - Paper Christmas Tree1. Cut a Christmas tree out of green construction paper. If free-handing a Christmas tree is too scary, try printing out a picture of a Christmas tree and using it as a pattern.
2. Cut out small pieces of other colored paper.
3. Optional - cut out a star in yellow. (This was kind of hard!)
2. Glue the star and geometric ornaments to the tree! Again, you can add decorations with glitter, markers, stickers or whatever you want!
We took this craft to a kids Christmas party, and it was a hit from ages 2-7. You can go as simple or complex as you want.