My Etsy Shop - Instagram

New Genre: Horror-Comedy

I don't know how new it is, but I'm becoming familiar with a genre called horror-comedy, or comedic horror. Apparently Jennifer's Body was under this genre. I recently auditioned for a film called Nazi Bear in Space, which I'm almost certain was of this genre.

The following photo is also of the horror-comedy genre:
(Insert dramatic groundhog/gopher/prairie dog/chipmunk music here.)

(Shrill scream.)

Yes, I once had weird bangs. They did what they wanted. I couldn't discipline them at all.

Oh, yeah, I also played basketball on the school team one season. Eighth grade. It was horrific. (NOT terrific.) I scored four points the entire season. I never wore a sports bra, because I didn't need to, because I spent most my time on the bench, therefore (1) not sweating and (2) not jiggling. TMI? Sorry.

It was the most humiliating time of my life.

The only reason I played was because my friend who was a basketball star, destined to be in the WNBA (if it's even still around...see, I'm not into sports) convinced me that it would be fun.

HA!

Not fun. I hate running, and I have no hand-eye coordination skills. Yet, for the next few years of my life I still attempted about every sport until I eventually realized, "I prefer the arts."

Anyways, I just wanted to share this treasure of a picture and the relief that I now feel with the self-confidence to deny joining in on that pick up game of whatever sport. If it involves throwing, catching, kicking, running, or other forms of athletic skill, I'm out. Out...damned spot! (30 points there.)

Comments

Popular Posts