My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Brush with Fame

Everyone has their celebrity encounter story, right? Just say yes.

Well, mine's with Peter Noone!

You know, the guy from Herman's Hermits? They sing "Mrs. Brown, you've got a lovely daughter..." 

I mean, my story barely counts as a brush with fame, since I went to his concert with a friend at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. The part that makes it a true celebrity encounter is that he noticed my friend and me, who were 14 years old, singing along and thought it was peculiar that we youngsters knew his songs.  


In the middle of the concert, he walked off the stage into the crowd to our row and asked us how we knew his song lyrics, being that we were a little too young to know Herman's Hermits in the peak of their career.

My answer, "My parents raised me on oldies."

Old people love being called old. Try it sometime. They'll take it really seriously and never crack jokes about being dinosaurs or old fogeys. Trust me. Don't trust me.  

1. I've always been that tall.
 2. Don't ask about the scrunchie.

Okay, I want to hear your fame stories now. Who have you met? Even if it was after their concert, I want to know. 

Comments

Mrs. T. said…
My first job out of college was for one year with a TV film production company from CA making variety shows in FL. I met lots of celebrities [Burl Ives, Pat Paulsen, Barbara McNair, Bert Parks, Serendipity Singers--you probably have no idea who these people are]. It was my job to make their travel plans, greet them at the airport, spend time with them on filming shoots (and in limos) and make sure they were happy. :) A fun, glamorous job for one year of my life... a lifestyle though that I would not recommend. I've seen everything and nothing surprises me anymore!
Lilly said…
omg I was totally going to ask about the scrunchie. you headed me off!

Popular Posts