My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Shirt to Dress, Part 3

Catch up with part one and part two, or just start reading here at part three.

I did a lot to this dress, but I was still having trouble with the neckline and bodice. It was flappy around the armpits, and uneven on the neckline. I pinned the neckline to be symmetrical. At first I thought I'd do darts for the armpits, but that didn't work, so I ended up cutting it around like so:
Pinned and ready to sew!


The final product:
Now, I promise I went out to dinner for my birthday in this dress, but I didn't get a picture at the restaurant.

When we got home, I asked Zane to take a couple pictures.

Dancing didn't end up happening, but it was fine, because Zane had been working out of town all week, and I just wanted to hang out with him. I guess we really are getting like an old couple (no offense, old people!), who just like to stay in and go to bed early on Friday nights.

Dress success!

Comments

Unknown said…
Love it! You did a beautiful job!!!
Judi-CAJ said…
Congratulations Deborah! I have a dressmaker's dummy that you may have if you would like it. (Then you will be like the real Project Runway designers!) Come by school....it is in my office. Just let me know when you are coming so I don't miss you!

Popular Posts