My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Mature Living

I don't know if you knew, but I'm a published author.
I know you guys are more than familiar with this magazine. You probably have it sitting in your living room right now.

I submitted the article in summer 2009. They told me they'd hold it for consideration for a 2010 issue. In August 2010 it hit the press.

They even used one of my photos. You guys know my photography skills, so that's really saying something!

It's about Mac Hammond and his 20ish years of volunteering at the county jail.
He also happens to be my grandfather.
I didn't tell the magazine that until they accepted my story.
Published author!
Sorry I took so long to share this with you all.

Comments

Judi-CAJ said…
I'm so proud of you Deborah! Thanks for sharing.....and I remembered this was your grandfather....yea! The memory worked tonight, cold meds and all!
Joshua said…
That is awesome. Both the published article and that your grandfather does that.
Lilly said…
awesome!!
Rachel B said…
Cool! Congratulations! ;)
Love,
Rachel

Popular Posts