My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Sewing Room Finished

On the morning of St. Patricks Day, I took this picutre of our office right before taping it down to get a nice, festive, green paint job. That was three months ago! I can finally show you the finished room today.

Before.

Here's the same angle with the pretty green paint! 

And here's the same angle today! After!

I made the window valance and sewing machine cover. The desk was sanded down and spray painted. The sewing chair was painted and recovered. The curtains and ring-clips came with our house, but were originally hung in our bedroom. I had them in a drawer for a couple years because the fabric was nice and I can't just throw it away! I bought a dowel, sprayed it black, and hung them over the closet.

Here's the opposite wall. 

I spray painted the dresser and just hung some random stuff on the walls, including the awesome dragon painting and straw hats from around the world! Maybe the hats are a little much? I don't know. My creativity is non-existant right now. I can't find a better place to store my ironing board either.  

I'm not necessarily happy with this wall, but I'm probably not going to change it before Daisy comes (unless this mysterious "nesting" thing kicks in soon...still waiting for that to happen). 


Here's the large dresser. This is what I want it to look like, all clean and sporting picture frames. 

I cleared it off for this tour, but then decided I should show you what it really looks like right now:


I wouldn't want to deceive you into thinking I had everything looking lovely in our extra room. That's a stack of random baby books/papers, thank you notes, and clothes to be ironed. Real life at its finest. 

If baby Daisy comes before I can organize those things, then I'll just throw them all into the top drawer if we have guests stay in this room. It's a sewing/extra room, but it's also our guest room. 


This is the view from the doorway. It looks pretty inviting before seeing the opposite wall, ha!

It's been three months of pulling this room together. It's not Southern Living worthy, but it looks so much better than it did before. I hope that guests feel comfortable staying here as they stare at that dragon painting wondering what in the world I was thinking when I painted it. They can try on my decorative hats too if they feel inclined. They can even do my ironing... just kidding. Kind of. 

Comments

Popular Posts