My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Up-cycled Skirt

When I was in college, I used to wear long flow-y skirts. They're not really as popular right now. From what I've seen, it's shorter, higher-waisted skirts that are in style. No problemo.

I started with this white skirt, which had a hole and a yellow stain on it. The elastic was crumbly, therefore completely shot. I'm estimating I bought it in 2006.

Sorry it's a dark photo. 

First thing I did was cut out the lining, but I forgot to take a picture. Next, I took in the side (eliminating the hole problem), and cut off the top layer of skirt (eliminating the yellow stain and bad elastic problems). 

From there, I trimmed the lining and pinned it back in. 

At this point there was no elastic. It was obviously not going to fit this way, but the length was perfect!

So I took the excess fabric that I had trimmed off the lining and made a drawstring.

I threaded the drawstring through the waistband. 

And voila!
Cute waist high with my shirt tucked in and a bow on the side. 

Cute hanging at my hips with my shirt on the outside. 

And cute waist high with a belt! 

All I do is win, win, win, no matter how I wear it!

Comments

Popular Posts