My Etsy Shop - Instagram

A Rose, Mosquitoes and The Wind

This week I spent time on the set of The Wind, directed by actor/musician/director, Al Mauro. Fantastic director. I hope to work with him again in the future.


July is part of the peak season of Florida weather annoyances. Sunday we suffered through muggy heat. I thought I might faint at one point, before a much-needed water break. Tuesday and Wednesday nights we encountered swarms of mosquitoes that left their marks on my feet.


Amidst the frustrations of the outdoors, we had a blast. This has been one of the most playful sets I've worked on. The small-crew environment provided room for spontaneous fun. Joking, singing, dancing. It was awesome.


I was privileged to act opposite AJ Nickell, who is so fun to work with. Watch for this guy, because he's got humor, emotion, and real skill.


I was the only female cast member during my shoots and one of few females on set (despite scary rumors of set moms, the moms on our set were easy-going and fun!). The guys were very gentlemanly, giving me roses and whatnot. Okay, fine, it was a leftover prop they let me take home.


Cool story about our crew - Alex, camera operator/producer/etc. is a DIY man. He created a completely functional sound boom from a fishing pole and PVC pipe. His financial savings were pretty significant. I told him he should blog DIY film equipment tutorials.

We had Garrett doing set photography for us. You should check out his work. Super talented and super fun to work with. I can't wait to see his production photos!

I'll keep you guys updated on the film's progress as I know it. There's rumors of an Enzian premiere. *eye brow wiggle*

Did I mention that I love what I do?

Comments

Popular Posts