My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Ninja Love

In college a bunch of my friends and I went to the same church, and we'd eat out after the service every week. It was usually a rotation between Denny's, Panera, and Cici's.

One time, after I started crushing on Zane, we all went to Cici's. He didn't like me (like that) yet. He sang some weird song about a Scotsman wearing a kilt, by which I was a bit traumatized. That's not the point though.

The point is that he bought me a little ninja toy from the $.25 toy machine.


I put it in my car's center console that day, and it's still in my center console today. It doesn't get much more romantic than that, folks.

Here's a visual of Zane and me the night I realized I like-liked him:
Relay for Life, Spring 2006

Four things about this picture:
1. I'm wearing that sexy uniform, because our theme was "War on Cancer." 
2. He made me that balloon hippopotamus. 
3. His hair was longer than mine. 
4. I can't explain my facial expression, but maybe it's a clue to why he didn't like me (like that) at the time. 

A few weeks after this photo, he gave me the ninja toy. He might as well have given me a ring, because I was a goner. 

Last night, we went to Cici's. I tried to buy another ninja, but the machine wouldn't take my quarter. I decided that I didn't need another ninja. The little ninja in my center console means more to me than any other ninja I could buy. 

I also just gave up on the machine. 

Comments

Popular Posts