My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Toto's Africa - Parody Style

Last month I posted on our church blog about the well that our church financed in Kenya and the upcoming short term team we're sending there to dedicate it. Here's a snippet:

I’ve had Toto’s 1982 hit song "Africa" in my head all week as I’ve been thinking about our team going to Digoland in July. "Gonna take a lot to drag me away from you. There’s nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do. I blessed the rains down in Africa…"(I change the lyrics in my head to say, “God’s blessed the well down in Africa.” And He surely has!)

I didn't include in that post that I had rewritten the entire song! For the full effect you can sing along over Toto's original lyrics to the song here. Maybe someday I'll be cool enough to record my parodies properly to share. For now, I just sing over the existing lyrics. Enjoy!!


We hear the water’s flowing clean tonight
Esther’s well is waiting for a Heffelfinger dedication
They’ll travel on a summer flight
To see the Digo and share with them the good news of salvation
We’ll pray for them along the way,
Hoping to hear of gospel transformation in God’s people  
God has prepared their hearts for change, Hurry guys, they’re waiting there for you

CHORUS:
It's gonna take a lot to drag us away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
God bless the well down in Africa
Gonna take some time to dedicate the Digo well 

The Digo cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some OGC-ers’ company
We know that we must do what's right
So we send our brothers over to celebrate God’s providence
The water’s pure and drinking it’s fine, God’s provided a miracle in this well

Hurry guys, they’re waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to drag us away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
God bless the well down in Africa, God bless the well down in Africa
It’s Esther’s well down in Africa, it’s Esther’s well down in Africa
God bless the well down in Africa
Gonna take some time to dedicate the Digo well.


What do you think? Variety Show material? Eh eh??? Too bad Zane and I already have an act prepared.

Comments

Popular Posts