My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Book of a Thousand Days

You all know my love for Shannon Hale, so I thought I'd share with you one of her other books, since I usually gush on about Austenland.

I'd like to recommend to you my second-favorite of her books, Book of a Thousand Days. It's based on a Brother's Grimm story that I've never heard before. Young slave Dashti is placed in a tower with her princess mistress for solitary confinement for a thousand days.

Sound boring? I thought it would be by the description, but it was NOT by any means!

Shannon Hale has a unique niche in the world of YA Fiction. She incorporates imaginative uses of language, which I have never seen another author do. Her creative purposes and tricks for language and what possible power it can hold is enough to read this book.

I will only say that, because I don't want to give anything away! It's a delight to read Hale. I've enjoyed every one of her books so far!

Comments

Popular Posts