My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Black Heels to Tractor Wheels

Book Review Monday!

Today I'm going to review a somewhat new release - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels, A Love Story by Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman.

I read this story when it was on her blog a few years ago, but the published version includes her first year of marriage. When I got the book, I just jumped ahead to the part I hadn't read yet. I don't usually like reading books more than once.

It's the autobiographical story of a UCLA grad who moves back to her parent's house in Tulsa, OK, intending to stay a few months before heading on to Chicago. However, after meeting a mysterious cowboy in a smoky bar, she decides that her rural love affair is far more exciting than any life in the city.

I love her writing style. She's funny and real and quirky and cute, and her love story shows it.

I also appreciate the way she loves and respects her husband. It's extremely admirable, and she sets a great example of how a wife should speak of her husband, especially publicly.

Rumor has it there will be a movie coming soon! Ree posted in March 2010 that she wanted Reese Witherspoon to play her. It's been over a year, and still no public announcements of pre-production, but who knows? Maybe we'll see her story on the big screen soon!

I want to play her sister Betsy. Ha! A girl can dream, right? All I need is an audition!

Comments

Popular Posts