My Etsy Shop - Instagram

TMNT: The Jacket

When Zane was a kid, he was really into Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I also watched the show as a kid, but I didn't own any paraphernalia. I was too busy with Barbies and Polly Pockets, while he was eating cereal out of Michaelangelo's belly:

Hence this photo that I've posted three days in a row. It's just applicable in so many contexts.

Little Zane with his TNMT shirt circa 1991. Somehow this photo got flipped.

Rockin' the Donatello costume.

Because he was so obsessed, and his mom is so awesome, she made him this sweet denim TNMT jacket:
Raphael, Leonardo, Michaelangelo and Donatello! Gang's all here!

Close up of my favorite turtle. Cowabunga, dudes!

When we first started dating, I visited Plant City but forgot to bring a jacket. Zane's mom pulled this out of the closet for me to wear. I felt super cool wearing it at Grandpa Johnson's BBQ. I remember that the waitress was totally flirting with Zane. I was all like, "Hey girl, you betta step back, cause I'm marrying this guy! I ain't afraid to go all spear-hand-to-the-eyes on you!"

The self-defense moves weren't necessary. She was obselete in Zane's eyes.

Anyways, last weekend I also forgot to bring a jacket. Zane's sweet Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle kid jeans jacket is now my back-up every time I visit.
This was a Ruby Tuesdays on our Saturday night date in Plant City.

First thing the waitress said when we sat down was, "I LOVE your jacket."

Now, that's the right kind of waitress!

Comments

Vicky said…
This is so sweet..."Just how powerful are those turtles?" I think you need a female renaissance artist name that we can call you when you wear the jacket...hmmm....I am going to google it and get back to you.
John Gjertsen said…
That is crazy how much Zane used to look like John David Rodriguez.

Popular Posts