My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Opportunity Knocks: Liger Girl

Zane and I were recently in a variety show. Our number required slides for the lyrics to be shown while we sang. I was trying to find someone to run slides for us, so I asked one of the high schoolers. He responded that he would if I drew him a picture of a liger. Somehow through a series of jokes about Napoleon Dynamite, the stakes were raised to a picture of a liger with a woman's head.

How many times in life you do get commissioned to draw a liger with a woman's head? Like once, maybe, if you're lucky (Thanks, Tim!).

I took my commission very seriously. The result:

Yes, I admit it, I'm proud of my Liger-Girl.

While drawing it, I said to Zane, "This is the strangest thing I've ever drawn." Then he reminded me of Dragon Coffee Date, which is hanging in the office.

Touche, Zane.

Comments

Popular Posts