My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Ode to Rufio

Ode to Rufio - A sonnet, written in honor of his adoption anniversary which is today!

His sweet affection stole my heart away
Our hearts connected at our first embrace
I'll ne'er forget the joy I felt that day
My spirits lifted as he licked my face.

He knows no stranger, has no enemies
His sweet disposition gains him new friends
He shows his love by jumping on my knees
Loyal to his loved ones 'til the world ends

His silly antics always make us laugh
He rolls his ball to pounce it from afar
He frolics in the grass beside the path
And loves the rush of riding in the car

There's just one thing that we want him to know
Our lives are sweeter with our Rufio!


I was going to write a limerick, but I was drawn in by the quatrains and iambic pentameter. Rufio said he was only expecting a haiku, so this was icing on the cake.

Yep, a year ago we brought him into our family. It seems like we've had him forever. What a guy!

Comments

Popular Posts