My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Mundane Maintenance

Have you ever realized how much of life is maintaining life? It bugs me. It really really bugs me. Here are a few examples of maintenance:

Refilling your gas tank.
Charging your cell phone.
Vacuuming your carpets. Sweeping your floors. All things cleaning.
Grocery shopping.
Taking showers. Does that fall into cleaning?
Shaving your legs or face for the menfolk.
Plucking your eyebrows.
Trimming your nails.
Getting your hair cut.
Feeding yourself and your family.
Laundry.
Budgeting or balancing the checkbook.
Pulling weeds.
Watering plants.
Exercising.
Updating your blog.
Walking your dog.
Changing the oil in your car.
Paying your bills.

These are the things in life that make it dull. Did I remember this? Oh crap, I'm on empty again. Rufio has go out again? He peed nine hours ago! How did the laundry basket get so full? Why is there a ring around the toilet bowl? When did my eyebrows grow together?!

Maybe they're the things that make life interesting.

Comments

Popular Posts