My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Mapping the Wind

I really want to get New Super Mario Brothers for Wii where all players play on the same screen together. Zane said we can only buy the new game after I beat Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Mario Galaxy. (Whew, he didn't include Twilight Princess!)

I have a reputation of starting games and then stopping them when they get too difficult...or scary.

Friday night we almost talked ourselves into purchasing the New Super Mario Bros. We drove to Gamestop, but they didn't have a used one in good condition. Then we went to Target, but it was too pricey for us. We're cheap, okay? I mean thrifty.

We figured that our failure to find the game at a reasonable price on Friday was evidence that we're supposed to stick to Zane's plan: finish the other games first.

Wind Waker requires a lot of memory and I don't mean on a card. I mean in your head. You have to travel to all these islands and remember what is on each one, plus they give you all these clues about different islands and people...it's pretty taxing.

Last night we started the journey to finishishing Wind Waker - teamwork style!

Teamwork style means Zane fights the bad guys and I keep records of everything. I drew a map like the one on the game, a graph that's 7x7 squares. Then I labled all the squares and drew the islands that we had already discovered. On a separate page, I listed all the squares by title (A-1, A-2, etc), and wrote the contents of each square, including any clues we gained in that part of the map.

I'm thinking of making improvements to the system, but this is the first prototype.

Wind Waker is going down. We're not just going to kill the big boss, we're going to find all the hidden treasures! Every rupee will be ours! Maybe. We'll see. I mean, that new super mario game does look really fun.

Will we stick to our guns? Or will instant gratification win? Only time will tell!

Which reminds me that I need to finish Ocarina of Time.

Comments

Popular Posts