My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Plant Commitment

Today I will talk to you about plants. I have lived in my house for over a year and still haven't done a thing about landscaping, until today.

I'm am an amatuer (read: has no understanding or experience) gardener, so learn from me. 

My friends at the House of Gjertsen used to have shasta daisies in their front yard. I saw them and liked them. I decided to grow my own. Here they are in the planter. I fear putting them in the ground:

These are also shastas, but I don't know if the transplant is going so well.
Transplanting is hard.

In September, I bought these trees to put in this corner, which was bare. I wanted it to look pretty for my sister's bridal shower. I had them planted in a lovely dark brown basket/vase thing that matched my bamboo shades. They were not happy in that vase, always wanting to fall over, so I decided they needed a bigger pot.  
Somewhere in that equation I planted them in a big plastic turquoise pot. What was I thinking? I'm too impulsive for my own good. Martha Stewart would be ashamed. Don't tell her.

Let's move outside. Last week I planted these pineapples, which I started a couple years ago from pineapples from Publix. They should produce fruit this year.
Behind the pineapples, I planted two jasmine plants! I'm sooo excited about those. I forgot to purchase a trellis, so I'm hoping the sticks will help them crawl for now.

Last, but not least, my precious palms. I started these from pups last year, and they've been doing great.
My little babies. Oh, look, another turquoise pot. This was my original desire for the turquoise pots: outside. But my indoor trees needed help, and I didn't want to go back to the store to buy a pretty vase.

I also planted some Mexican petunias, ground-cover jasmine, plumbego, begonia, and amaryllis. I'll give you some before and afters when they start to thrive. Here's to hoping they'll thrive!!

Comments

John said…
Mysterious "friends" with shasta daisies in their front lawn... mysterious "friends" who named your Covenant Bundt... how about a shout out to the House of Gjertsen! Just kidding.

PS.
I'm only commenting beacuase you misspelled commitment in the title.
Judi-CAJ said…
and begonia, but I am proud of you for getting your thumb green!
Dude! I've got spelling issues! Thanks guys, and John, you definitely deserve a link!

Popular Posts