My Etsy Shop - Instagram

The Eye of the Storm

This evening is the eye of the storm of busy life. I'm looking back on the whirlwind of last week and looking forward to the fully-packed wedding weekend festivities for my sister. I'll try to crank out a few posts to keep you occupied while I celebrate my sister's marital union.

Recap on my weekend:

Remember how I told you guys about the student film? Here's my experience in one word: fun. I got to work with some genuine, hilarious, creative people. They were really great, and I was thrilled to be a part of their creative world even if just for a few hours.

I jumped in a lake. It was [insert adverb] cold! My chest cavity collapsed and I sunk to the bottom of the lake. Not really. But I did gasp and swallow water and cause the crew to look on in shock and horror and ask if I was alright. I couldn't respond. I tried to say yes. I tried to look cool and natural. But I apparently looked like I was drowning. After a short eternity (30-60 seconds) I was able to say my line.

Both Saturday and Sunday nights, I hit the pillow completely exhausted but completely happy. It was the fatigue of a kid after a day at Disney. Or an Olympic athlete after a gold medal event. Or....an aspiring actor after a non-paid student film gig.

Comments

John Gjertsen said…
I tried inserting an adverb, but it would make a lot more sense to insert an adjective, or even an expletive.

Anywhow, glad that experience can be summed up with the word "fun." I'd love to know more about the film; is it top secret or something? I was in a low-budget indy zombie film a few years back, but I don't think it ever made it past shooting. I wouldn't care to see it if it did, to be honest. It wasn't a speaking part, but I guess maybe it was a "groaning" part.
Hey John! No secret on the movie - it's a short film about a guy who has OCD and overcomes it for a girl (me). Since it's a school project for the director, it'll definitely go through post-production. The premiere's in January! I don't know if it's the next Blair Witch, but it is pretty good.

The zombie movie sounds fun! Did Abby do it too, because I think I remember seeing a picture of you two in zombie make-up? Maybe I can score a part like that!
megan said…
So is there a chance that I will ever be able to see said movie?

Popular Posts