My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Auditions Adventure!

Saturday I went to some Full Sail auditions. Full Sail intimidates me. Everyone there is super cool. They're also cinematic geniuses...genuisi.

I wore my best cool-kid outfit and actually did my hair and make up. Putting mascara on and straightening my hair are major chores to me. I like to think it's because I'm low maintenance and not just lazy.

Full Sail is made up of lots of dark, scary-looking buildings. Once I finally found 3F (after I figured out the number/letter system), I had to ask a bunch of cool kids where the auditions were. They were very nice and pointed me in the right direction.

Once I made it to the casting lobby, where they have a long table with all the different films lined up, I realized I forgot which films I had come to audition for. This was embarassing. I ended up asking the different representatives which films were casting for young women. Yeah, my "amateur" stamp was showing up on my forehead. I like to think I charmed them with my good looks and quick wit, though.

Welp! The auditions went well. I didn't have to wait long to see any of the directors. After reading for the first director, he gave me an additional scene to read. I took this as a good sign. That was for the recovering addict role, where I will (if casted) pretend to smoke. That will be an adventure of its own.

I also read for the role of a woman with PTSD and did a non-speaking audition (completely action and mannerisms, etc) for a homeless woman. Acting homeless is kind of difficult. At one point, the director told me to "run home," so I jogged across the room and said, "but I'm homeless!"

Summary: I auditioned for a drug addict, woman with ptsd, and homeless person.

I kind of hope I get a call back, and I kind of hope I don't.

Comments

Rachel B said…
Nice! I cant wait to hear which role you landed! ;)

Popular Posts