My Etsy Shop - Instagram

The Evolution of the Moo

When I was in college, I was introduced to a place called Moe's Southwest Grill. A very popular item at Moe's is the Moo Moo Mr. Cow (Moo for short), a children's burrito meal that comes with chips, a drink, and cookie.

In 2004, the year of my first encounter with Moe's, the Moo was $3.49ish.

Side note: This was when Zane, a stranger to me at the time, ate at Moe's five times a week. His doctor told him to cut back because his blood pressure was so high. But on the flip side, we have tons of those crayon-shaped kid cups.

Somewhere around 2006-2007, Moe's by UCF raised the price of the Moo to $4.49! We were all shocked, but went with it because, seriously, you do get more food with a Moo than the other kids meals. But come on, a whole dollar? There's no inflation excuse there.

Circa 2008-2009 Moe's did something else horrible. They SHRUNK the Moo burrito! And kept the same higher price! Can you believe this? What are they trying to do, get money?

Still, for about $5.00, you can get a small burrito, drink and cookie.

Until now... (insert dramatic gopher music: dum dum DUM!!!!)

Last weekend in some Moe's near a movie theater on the other side of this state...near Tampa...somewhere. I was eating with my soon-to-be sister-in-law and I ordered a Moo, only to be THWARTED by the semi-nice Moe's employee saying that I could NOT get the free drink and cookie because I am not 12 years old.

Tyranny!!!

She told me this at the register, leaving me so shocked that I tried to be nice while saying, "I do not approve," which was kind of awkward to say. But later I was very upset that I paid $5.00 for a tiny burrito and chips. That's it. No drink. No cookie.

Oooooooh...makes me so mad.

Moe's of Orlando, here me say: if you do this, I will boycott. I will! Watch me do it!! I'll take you down!

Comments

Marissa Skipper said…
Moe's near UCF did that to me when I was still in college! No me gusta!
John said…
Easy to boycott Moe's when Chipotle is right across the street. Alas, in New Bern we have neither.
Up here they have an option called "junior" which is probably the size of the original Moo. It's cheaper, too. I think it was a good compromise on Moe's part.
Nicole said…
Yep, go with the Joey Jr.... but amen to the dumb and frequent price increases...
Lauren Barash said…
Ack! Don't boycott Moe's! Thanks A Wanderer's Heart and Nicole for suggesting the Joey Jr. We made the Moo smaller and introduced the Joey Jr. to provide a smaller portion for adults. Now the Kid's Meals are properly portioned for kids. I hope that helps!

Popular Posts