My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Deliciously Accidental Soup

I'm not much of a cook (baking is another story). I dislike long, involved recipes. I rarely plan out meals. When dinnertime rolls around, I'm usually thinking what's the easiest thing with the fewest ingredients that I can make.

Last night I looked at my ingredients (ham that we needed to consume, frozen broccoli, fresh onions, frozen peppers) and thought to myself, "These would be great with a cheese sauce."

I pulled out my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook, which is the first go-to for recipes. I found an easy cheese sauce and went to it.

Here is it:
2 tbsp butter

1 1/2 cups milk
cheese (I did shredded cheddar and parmesan)
salt and pepper to taste (the cheese is pretty salty though)

Few ingredients makes a happy Deborah. P.S. This is a very dairy sauce. Not for the intolerant ones.

I got the sauce going and had my sous chef, Zane, chop up the ham and onions. I tossed in the frozen broccoli. We decided against the peppers (because we'd have to open a new bag...don't judge!), and threw in the chopped stuff.

We took it off the burner and waited for the sauce to thicken, but it wasn't happening. Since we were starving, we just put it into bowls and ate it as soup. It was delicious! It was like broccoli cheddar soup at Panera, only with onions and ham. So, not that similar, but equally yummy.

Aaaaaaaand, that's how it's done. The end.

Comments

Popular Posts