My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Rufio Goes to the Beach

An excerpt from Rufio's diary:

Dear Diary,

Today I did something new. Usually the padres just leave me at home and all I can think of to do is poop. Today was different! Today they took me to a new place: the beach.

I had never been to the beach before, and since I'm all about new experiences, I was pretty excited.

We were in the car for a long time, so I was happy when we finally got out and started walking to this mysterious beach. After a while, I was getting kind of hot. I mean, I usually just sit around the back porch all day. Even when I do go on walks, we tend to walk in the shade. Conclusion: the beach is hot. I had to get the padre to carry me. 



Finally, we made it to the beach. I couldn't think about my surroundings though. I was too thirsty. The padres forgot to bring me a water bowl! I was kind of ticked off at first, but then they dug a hole in the ground and let me drink out of this plastic bag. It worked okay. I stepped in it and got it all sandy after I drank enough water. I just wanted to show the padres that I deserve better.  



Then they took me to the part of the beach called the ocean. It was actually an inlet, but I let them call it the ocean. I gave it a try, but I didn't really like it too much.


Even though I didn't like it, they made me go in again and again.

Apparently my likes and dislikes aren't important in this family. I need to talk to the padres about this. I'm going to grow up jaded if I don't communicate my feelings properly. My future is at risk. Communication isn't my strong point, though. I'll try pooping tomorrow and see if they get the idea.

Comments

Popular Posts