My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Ctrl-Z for Life!

I have a deep fondness for Ctrl-Z (aka: undo button). Holding down Control and Z on the keyboard at the same time, lets you undo your last action. I use it mostly when working with design software in situations like this:

In Deborah's artistic head:
What if I move this entire page up here and add some purple sparkles right here and .... oh ....hm. No, that won't work.
Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-Z, Ctrl-Z
Okay, maybe I'll just erase this person's face....hm....maybe not.
Ctrl-Z

My constant use of Ctrl-Z in the workplace has revealed the vital need for it in real life situations like these:
I sewed some curtains, but kept making mistakes and having to rip out stitches. Ctrl-Z

I moved some heavy furniture across the room, only to decide I didn't like it. Ctrl-Z  to save my back.

I nailed some nails into the wall to hang a picture, but kept getting it off balance, and ended up with six holes in the wall. Ctrl-Z

Also, for all those times I watched scary movies. Ctrl-Z  so I can sleep at night.

Or for those situations when you put your foot in your mouth. "When's the baby due? Oh...um....no, I'm not saying you're fat." Ctrl-Z

Or when you're driving along focused on trying to find a radio station that isn't playing Taylor Swift... CRASH!!! Ctrl-Z.

Or heck, maybe you wish you hadn't read this blog post. Ctrl-Z

Comments

Joel R said…
In addition a Ctrl-Y would be equally awesome! (Thats redo for those less familiar with the keyboard.)
Adam said…
That's awesome! I would definitely use that one! And Ctr-S when I want to remember something!

- Bethany
Unknown said…
haha good wall post!!

I might steal this blog post idea (but I'll give you credit). But this is a fun idea, so I'm gonna ruminate and then run with it... run like a crazy person.

Like Phoebe from that Friends episode where she waves her arms like crazy!!

Popular Posts