My Etsy Shop - Instagram

HISMSV - Grand Canyon

HISMSV=How I spent my summer vacation

Before we left on our trip, I described it to people as "We're driving out to the Grand Canyon." We did much more than that, but the Grand Canyon was the most famous landmark that we saw on our trip. It was neither Zane's nor my first time seeing this canyon, but it was our first time seeing it together [cue romantic sigh].

Did you know that out of all the people who visit the Grand Canyon each year, only 10% visit the North Rim? Well, we decided to do both. First we did the South Rim, and it was quite a beautiful place. We hiked the rim trail, which offered beautiful scenic photo opportunities.

Here we are feeling on top of the world:


We felt so on top of the world, that we got a little dangerous and did stuff like this:
And this:

Then we headed up north to the North Rim. Zane took me on the Kaibab Trail, which was when I discovered I am not into hiking canyons. All the hard work is on the second half. I'm more into the work now, enjoy fruits of labor after. However, we did see beautiful sights like this:
The next day, after I had recovered from my severe loss of energy, breath, and joy of hiking, we took a leisurely walk to get this shot:

One great thing about the North Rim, is the lodge and restaurant. The North Rim Lodge is built on the side of the canyon, so if you know your restaurant hostess well (Natalia) and she thinks your name is awesome (Kennedy) then you get seated in one of the sweet-view tables:

I'd recommend visiting the north rim and south rim like we did. We got to see the best of both sides.

Bonus: The Vermillion Cliffs line the north side of the highway from the south to north rim. I didn't know the drive was going to be so beautiful for us:
Talk about feeling small. There is so much bigness out west.

Comments

Popular Posts