My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Fresh Start September

Monday night I opened my diary to the first page. The entry was from August, 30 2009, a year ago to the day. I skimmed through the last year of entries, and do you know what I discovered? I spent the last year of my life being stressed.

There were lots of stressful things had happened from August 09 to August 10. New jobs, new house, hopes deferred, disappointments. I decided that even if there are sorrowful times, I don't want to spend the next year stressed.

Ecclesiastes 7:3 "Sorrow is better than laughter, for by sadness of face the heart is made glad."

That's a hard verse to understand unless you've felt sorrow, but I think I'm starting to get it. Maturity comes through suffering and sorrow, but not stress. My current prayer is for the Lord to fill me with joy and peace. I'd like him to take away my stress and anxiety. I'll still be in the same body, the same life, and the same circumstances, but I want the Lord to renew my mind and let me see those circumstances through His eyes.

Wednesday was September 1, and it felt good to get rid of August along with a year of stress. I put up my fall decor to help myself feel an outward sense of freshness and renewal. I can't say the last three days have been completely stress-free, but there's hope for peace in Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts