My Etsy Shop - Instagram

HISMSV - Zion National Park

HISMSV - How I spent my summer vacation

In addition to Carlsbad Caverns, Apache Trail and the Grand Canyon, Zane and I went to Zion National Park.

My favorite part of Zion park - an our entire National Park experience - was the Narrows trail. It's a trail at Zion, which goes through a river!


The water was 68 degrees - cool enough to keep us cool, but not cold enough to be miserable. It was refreshing and added an extra element of danger to the hike. We were at (extremely minimal) risk of a flash flood, where we would have drowned. Ooooh, exciting!


One thing about Zion park is that the walls of the canyon leak water. There's a lot of scientific stuff to say about it, but I just want to say it provided a beautiful waterfall shot for our wedding band hands.

Okay, it also allows for some beautiful hanging gardens to grow:

Zion is one of the places that I want to visit again. There were many trails that we didn't get to do. If you could only do one trail, I definitely recommend the Narrows. I've heard that Angel's Landing is awesome, and there are some trails through slot canyons apparently. Maybe next time I'll be more athletically inclined. Ha.
The other great part about Zion is that we met up with Zane's parents for this part of the trip. We all got to explore the canyon together.

My mother-in-law Vicky was gracious enough to be my videographer for my rock jumping experience in a deeper part of the river. Father-in-law Steve and Zane had already jumped. I was hesistant, but decided that I would regret it if I didn't, so I did!

Comments

John Gjertsen said…
Love the wedding band pic. Beautiful! This is actually Abby typing...
Found your blog from your comment at Jerry Jenkins's website. You have some cool pictures out here!

Popular Posts