My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Crooked Vanity

This is for all the builders and home improvers out there.

A few months ago, Zane and his dad replaced our hall bathroom vanity. I'll post pictures of that room whenever I finish decorating it...so....never. Just kidding, soon. Maybe.

After Zane and his dad finished the bathroom vanity, Zane and I thought we could tackle the master bathroom vanity. We saw how it was done, and seeing is just as good as doing. Plus, there's the learning-through-experience factor.

Zane and his dad took out the old one before Zane and I did our work. This is the before shot:
Notice the mold. That's why we had to get it out of there.

Then we were left with this:
AHHHHHH! Nasty, nasty, nasty! We put that Lysol to work.

Eventually we got to this:
Through fresh drywall, paint, and primer.

The next part is tricky. See, this is an abnormal space. Most vanities come in 45" and 60" long. This is a 52" space. We chose to purchase a 45" vanity, and fill in the spaces on the side with molding. We did NOT want to purchase a custom countertop. The previous top was bad and broken, so we definitely needed a new one.

We took the formica top from the hall bathroom (which had been replaced with a new one), and cut it down to the right size. I know, we're geniuses...geniusi...together, we are a genius! Times two... 
Here's Zane using his circular saw like a man.

We had some trouble getting the countertop on. On either side of the vanity there is beadboard wainscot. This threw off the measurements, because it limited the space on either side by 1/8". Just enough to give us this problem:
BIG PROBLEM! I can't make myself beautiful on a countertop that's angled all weird. Plus the sink hook-ups were all out of whack - yes, wiggity whack.

Can you guess how we fixed the problem?

First I'll tell you what didn't fix the problem:
1. Deborah sitting on it. 
2. Deborah standing on it. 
3. Jamming it beyond pushing or pulling out. 
4. Using a broom to try to push the corner out. 
5. Tying rope around the entire counter to pull it out.
6. Attempting to pull it out with brute force (I'm majorly lacking that)

So now can you guess how we fixed it? Ten points to the first person who guesses correctly.

Comments

Abby Gjertsen said…
oooh oooh pick me! flamethrower!
Michelle said…
Haha...I can't even imagine...but this definitely made me laugh.
Joel R said…
My guess is it has something to do with that jar of vaseline on the counter.
Unknown said…
haha, I second Joel's comment. But then I wouldn't be first. Soo....

You prayed for divine strength and Jesus came down and opened a can on the counter and it was miraculously healed!?!?!
Mrs. T. said…
You put something UNDER it to level it?

Popular Posts