My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Poopy Love?

This post is about my little angel. He loves me. Remember my list of things I liked about him? I summed it up that I liked his codependence.

There's a small....major....manifestation of his codependence that I don't like. I'll describe it to you:
It's a palindrome
It smells bad
It's POOP!

This dog poops when he's left alone in his crate. Then he kicks it around. Pooping and kicking.

I got him Monday. He started pooping like this at the groomer on Wednesday. Thursday I had to clean up poop. Friday I had to clean up poop - TWICE. Saturday we had dinner at my aunt's house, so I took him with me, instead of risking a poopy mess when I got home. I put him in the crate in a different room while we ate dinner and BOOM! the messiest of all.

Well, not really. Today was the messiest of all, which is why I am so inspired to write.

Yesterday I thought we had victory, because he didn't poop inside. I had left the radio on for him while we went to church. Trust me, the radio is not the solution, because I did it today and I came home to...nevermind. It's too gross.

I'm learning. I'm getting smart. I have changed things since he first pooped. Poop once, shame on you, poop seven times, shame on you seven times!

Some things I have changed:
No more cloth bed in the crate. That was a messy clean up.
No more bone in the crate. Yeah, I started rinsing them off and giving them back to him.
Lay a towel out around the crate so flying particles will still be caught.

Next thing on my agenda will be to buy some diapers they use for menstruating bitches. I have to get them for my separation-anxiety-disordered male dog who has diarrhea in his crate when I leave.

...

Okay. It's pretty annoying, but I still love him. I bathe him and wash the crate and wash the towels. I don't yell at him for it, because I know he's not trying to spite me. He has issues. I want to talk them over with him, but I have to find other means.

Any bad behavior can be trained out. I must persevere through this. Rufio will overcome his neurosis.

Comments

Popular Posts