My Etsy Shop - Instagram

A Plate and A Baby

We had a busy weekend, but I'll share two happenings with you for brevity's sake:

1. Friday night Zane and I woke up at 3:00am to a loud crash noise. Zane jumped out of bed and ran down the hallway turning on lights, saying things like, "I'm going to kill someone." He checked everything, but couldn't find the source of the noise. Finally he noticed that only two of the three decorative plates on our wall were hanging there.

One of them fell and broke. I pieced it together and checked the manufacturer, but I forgot to take a picture of it before I threw it away today. It looked something like this, without the ornate border:

via
It actually didn't look like that very much, but it was a decorative plate by the same manufacturer.

It was a Majolica Schaumburg plate from the early 1900's that belonged to my great-grandmother. I was pretty upset that it broke, because it was my fault. I hadn't changed the string before I hung it two-ish years ago. The string was old and snapped.

We still have two more plates hanging, but I'm sad I broke my great-grandma's plate.

Ultimately, it was a plate. Just a plate. It was antique and had a value of $50-$250, but it wasn't a life. Just a plate. In a few weeks I won't even think about it anymore. Right? I mean, this kind of stuff happens all the time.


2. I saw Daisy move on Sunday. With my eyes!

We were organizing and purging stuff from closets and dressers in preparation for Daisy's arrival, and I laid down to take a break. After a few minutes, I felt her moving. I stared at my tummy and watched my dress slightly bounce with each kick.

I yelled for Zane to come in. We waited a little while for her to do it again, but she started kicking and bouncing my dress up. Zane put his hand right where she was kicking, so he finally got to feel her.

Since then, her kicks have been much more defined. I can foresee them getting to a point where they're not as enjoyable. But they'll still be miraculous.

Comments

Popular Posts