My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 

I had a pretty busy weekend, so I didn't get to make Zane anything until this afternoon. I got off work and ran to the grocery store to pick up stuff for taco night. Then I threw together a project that I planned in my head while at work. 

I've seen variations of this concept online. I made five different heart strings and hung them from fans around our house. Here's two in the foreground and one in the background in the living room. 



I basically just cut out hearts, tied scraps of ribbon together and stick-glued them on the string. Easy peasy. It took like 40 minutes. I thought about taking pictures of the process, but I was on a time crunch.

After I cleaned up the house and constructed and hung my heart strings, I made a valentine for Zane, and set it on the table. 


Zane gave me my gift on Saturday. While I was at a women's retreat this weekend, he put together a mix cd for me, complete with a pretty album cover.


I really appreciated the gift, because he spent a lot of time on Saturday thinking of me and doing something just for me. I did laugh and say, "It says 'form her love,' not 'from her love.'" He looked at it and said, "Oh man, spell check didn't catch that!" Haha, he's funny. I asked him if I could post it on my blog, and he said he didn't care. I love a confident man. I love my cd. We decided that the album title is "Form Her Love." 


Here's the song list. I had been saying how I wanted to listen to Phil Wickham. Zane added a bunch of Andrew Peterson songs too. "A Page is Turned" by Bebo Norman was sung at our wedding. That set me off in tears on the drive home from work. Then I kept crying through the rest of the marriage and family songs. You have to hear "Hold Up My Arms." I was crying like a pregnant woman in love. 

When Zane got home, we prepared our taco fiesta, complete with fresh guacamole! A Valentine's Day feast! Plus, I have leftovers to take to work tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow - we find out the sex of the baby! Better get your votes in our baby pool, if you're interested! I don't know if the news will hit the internet tomorrow, but stay tuned. We will be announcing it eventually. 

Comments

Popular Posts