My Etsy Shop - Instagram

365 Decision Time - Day 1

Yesterday I spent roughly 11 hours on the set of 365 Decision Time. It was Day 7 for the whole team, but Day 1 for me. Their youtube channel has daily update videos. Here's the one from yesterday:


Let me apologize right now because I forgot to take pictures! I even had four hours of down time between scenes, but I never once thought to grab my camera. Oh well.

This was the most professional production I've worked on so far. There were lots of crew members and volunteers. Everyone had a role to fill. I tried to meet them all, but missed a few. It's really fun to get to know people, discovering mutual friends and interests. Everyone has dreams and goals and plans, and I love hearing people talk about their passions.

It's also fun to see where people come from -- Tennessee, Boston, Ireland, Oklahoma, Brazil, Puerto Rico -- and learn how we all came to work on the same project.

Some memorable moments from the day include:

  • Beautiful weather! Florida autumn at it's best!
  • Talking hair care with the hair/make up people. Talk about passion! Those guys are in the right profession!
  • One hair guy straightened my hair, and we laughed about how thick it is. When he finished, I touched it and said, "Wow it feels so thin!" He laughed and said, "No, it doesn't!" I guess my thick hair is not that common, or he wasn't used to straightening taking so long. Welcome to my life!
  • We had to cut a scene because I missed a chunk of lines. I was super embarrassed, but I had to shake it off. I felt my face turning red, but we had to do another take right away.
  • At the end of the night I was talking to my co-actor in the trailer and accidentally leaned on the power button to the generator. Everything shut down, the generator buzzing down to silence, leaving us in the dark. Oops!

For all you techie people, the film is being shot with a RED camera, which is super nice. I got to see some edited stills from previous production days. All I could think to tell the director of photography (who was also operating the camera) was, "Those are really really nice." But I was thinking, "I can't wait to see how I look in this camera!" I'm so vain. Sorry, but it's the truth.

I have two more days of filming next weekend, so I'll try to get some pictures. I'm so glad to be part of this film!

Comments

Popular Posts