My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Auditions Adventure: MTV

The British teen comedy series, The Inbetweeners, was picked up by MTV and is currently filming in Orlando. Check those links out for more info. Many of my friends have already auditioned, but not me... until last week...
via

I saw the posting for extras on FB. I'm not that interested in being an extra, but I really wanted the casting director to see me. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to be on the show due to its adult content.

I decided to just call and see if there was even a spot open. Yes. There was. At 3:00pm.

Long story short - the casting director liked my look. She said I could play as young at 16 (whoop whoop!) and handed me a side to memorize and come back to read on camera tomorrow. Come dressed as if I were going to a club. What? Teenagers go to clubs? Wait...club wear? Not exactly something I ever wear.

Friday afternoon, rushed home, threw on the dress I wore in The Wind, and headed back up to Universal. This time I was nervous. The side was all of five lines, but I was still worried I'd forget it.

Skip to when I read.

I walked in and the casting assistant said, "Cute dress!" (Yes!) The casting director left the room, which kind of bummed me, because I wanted to read in front of her. I'll just assume she saw the tape.

I read it through in my own way. Then she asked me to do it again and pull out all the pauses. Of course, it's comedy. The ball must stay in the air. I did it again faster. Then she said to do it bitchy. I did it. Then she said to do it as if I were wise beyond my years, way beyond high school. I did it.

At the end she said, "That was really nice. We have a role coming up that we'd like you to come read for. We'll let your agent know."

:)

I'll let you know when I know.

P.S. The show is pretty raunchy, just to warn you. I've saturated this whole process in prayer, so if God opens the doors, I'm going to walk through them.

Comments

Popular Posts