My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Relative Productivity

Yesterday morning my best friend went into labor. I went to work.

No baby at 4pm, so after work, I got my hair cut by a 40 year-old seemingly straight man at Supercuts. I have reason to believe that I was the first female he had ever worked with. I've never had a stylist so slow and meticulous about long layers. He held his breath for every snip and let out a little grunt aftewards - like he was focusing really hard. The final result was great, though.

At 5:30pm I helped Zane at an event in town where he deejayed for 500 crazed, chaotic elementary school children. Their corporate screams reached decibals of which I didn't know the human voice was capable.

No baby at 7:30pm. I picked up our Japanese student and went to Publix to fill up our five gallon jug of water. Satomi wanted to carry it into the house. I said, "Are you sure? It's heavy!" She said, "Yes!" I think she wants the full American experience.

This morning I woke up expecting a text, but no baby. Weird. I had done so much in the past 24 hours, while my friend was in labor. So, I kept going with my day.

I babysat for the sweetest little one year-old and skyped with my sister in China. He enjoyed watching our video chat. I enjoyed talking to Angela. I miss her. Tomorrow's her birthday, but it's actually today in China. Ha! Figure that one out.

Aftewards I exercised with my other sister for a few minutes, then talked with her for a few hours. If my body could become fit based on how many words I use in a day, I'd be ripped.

I came home, welcomed home my hubs, and at 4:45pm - as in a few minutes ago - I received the picture text of beautiful little baby Elinor! Finally a sweet little face to go with the name. :) Can't wait to hold her and kiss her. And cheer on her beautiful mama for persevering through 30ish hours of labor. What a woman!

Comments

megan said…
I didn't get a picture text! I want a picture text! Deb, I was about to text you to ask if everything was going ok with the labor right before I got a text from Breanna... and I realized I don't even have your phone number anymore! What is the world coming to! Please forward me the picture text. I'm emailing you my phone number. The end.
John said…
great news and great writing! Really enjoyed the post.

Popular Posts