My Etsy Shop - Instagram

The Unwanted Adventure

I've always wanted to have an adventurous life. I dreamed about travel and acting and marriage and children. I didn't dream about infertility. But hey, I don't always get to choose what adventures I undertake. Sometimes they are chosen for me...and sometimes they're not wanted.

I have a lot of reservations about blogging on this part of my life, but I've been greatly encouraged by others' blogs on the topic, so hopefully it will be encouraging to you or at least educational.

Zane and I are currently on a journey through infertility.

These are are some reasons why I haven't posted about infertility:
- I fear that people will put me into their accurate/inaccurate perception of what that means.
- I fear that people will want to talk to me about it, and I don't necessarily want to talk to people about it, even though I am blogging about it.
- I think, "What if I get pregnant this month and I just announced to the world that I'm infertile?" Well, then praise the Lord.
- It's embarrassing. Yeah, it shouldn't be, but it is.
- It's uncomfortable. It's like when there's a bunch of people about to eat a cake and that one person is like, "Oh, sorry, I'm diabetic. No, no, keep eating...no, it's okay." Awkwardness. Then everyone's not sure of what to do or say. They might even feel bad because they can eat tons of sugar and that other person can't.
- I don't want advice from everyone and their brother.
- I don't want attention because of it.

I'll be blogging more about this part of my life and how God has been working in my heart. I recently had the opportunity to guest post on a friend's infertility blog, so if you want to learn about what God's been doing so far, you can read my post here.

Also, I'd really appreciate it if people would read these rules before commenting or really, just talking to anyone who is struggling through this. These "rules" are from another infertility blog, and I found them to be totally relevant and helpful.

That's all for now, stay tuned.

Comments

Melissa Newport said…
I love you! I'm so proud of you for being THIS BRAVE, strong, and vulnerable. You're my hero.
KDogRuns said…
Deb, I love seeing how you are walking with God through this. I appreciate so much that you are stepping out in faith & sharing your struggles. You are an amazing woman! I shall make it a point to pray for you guys on my runs...that's my intentional prayer/God time. I love you friend :)
Kathy said…
I know your honest sharing will encourage others to do the same. You and Zane are an incredible couple, and I love and respect you!

Popular Posts