My Etsy Shop - Instagram

HISMSV - Walnut Canyon

HISMSV = How I spent my summer vacation.

It's somewhat embarrassing to be writing about the summer now that it's already October. I mean, I should have written all these posts in July or August, but I tend to procrastinate. Well, never fear, I will persevere! I have more interesting destinations from our summer road trip to share with you.

Just east of Flagstaff is a national monument called Walnut Canyon. I don't remember how I found this place online, but once I saw pictures, I decided we had to go. It looked so cool. Cave dwellings! You can beat that!

The hike was a very easy, one-hour hike. It was a great day for hiking - a little overcast. We took our time and enjoyed the views. We were the only ones on the trail for most of the hike. I recommend it.
I'm demonstrating how native Americans lived in them so many years ago. They slept just so.

Some of these walls have been restructured in the way that the native Americans would have built them. The modern builders used the same materials as the natvies would have used.

Standing with the cave dwelling at your back, you see this awesome view of the canyon.

Across the canyon there are more cave dwellings! It was fun to imagine what it would have been like to live in them during that time period.


Comments

Popular Posts