My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Sleepy the Elephant

Today, I was looking at a toy owl that my cousin gave Daisy, and I thought, "I could make something like that." That was when Sleepy the Elephant was born. 

I drew a pattern on a mailing envelope and cut it out. 

I cut out my fabric from these baby fabrics I bought a long time ago from a remnant pile at the fabric store. I wasn't sure what I was going to make with them, but this seemed like a good idea. 

I sewed on the elephant faces. 

I cut a bit of yarn for some elephant tails. 

I sewed the backs to the fronts and flipped them inside out. 

Then I stuffed and hand-sewed up the openings. 

Voila! Sleepy the Elephant!

Now, honestly, is this something that people would buy on Etsy? It crossed my mind that I could sell them (like the owl toy that my cousin gave us). I have to figure out if it's worth the effort, but I could come up with other patterns and improve on this prototype. 

Let me know what you guys think. 

Comments

Popular Posts