My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Happy the Piglet

I had so much fun making Sleepy the Elephant that I wanted to try another pattern. I thought it might be fun to do a front-facing animal, so I landed on a pig, because of their cute little noses. It took me about two hours to create Happy the Piglet: 


I made two versions to try out different things, like close button nose holes and different eyes and fabric combinations. This doll is WAY more complicated than Sleepy the Elephant. It took me more concentration, and I thought, "This is why hand-made products are so expensive." Throughout the whole process I was critiquing myself, but I think the by the end, the only thing that mattered was the legs. 

Is it just me, or is it kind of strange to have only two legs when they're facing forward? Sleepy the Elephant only has two legs, but he's looking to the side. I don't know. 

What do you guys think of Happy the Piglet? Cute? Weird? Another possible Esty sale, or is this a "regret-sy"? 

Let me know. 

Comments

Popular Posts