My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Hosting Chinese Kids

In the past, we've enjoyed the opportunity of hosting Japanese college students during the month of March. It's a fun, cross-cultural experience. This year, we were presented with a new opportunity of hosting Chinese elementary-aged kids. We signed up right away.

Next week, we'll have four kids for four days, rest for four days, and take on two kids for four days. I have never in my life looked after two or four kids for four consecutive days and nights.

I started thinking about meals and making six sandwiches for lunches, cooking up a dozen eggs for breakfast, and who knows how much spaghetti it takes to feed hungry boys, plus Zane, plus a crazy pregnant eater for dinner? Coordinating showers, getting everyone to bed, getting everyone up in the morning. It'll give me a small taste of what it's like to be a mom of lots of kids.

I'm sure it'll still be less work than this baby will require in June.

Seriously, I'm really excited. I'm glad we get to do two different groups, so we can figure things out with the first (larger) group, and try new things with the second group, like taking them out to eat. I can't wait to share our stories with you next month!

I plan on using my one Chinese phrase too! I'll let you know what that is next time.

Comments

Popular Posts