My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Matched

I finally read Matched by Allie Condie. I heard great things from multiple sources about this dystopian novel, and I wasn't disappointed. I read it in two days, only because I was too tired to stay up late and finish it the first day. 

It's the story of Cassia, a seventeen year-old girl living in a perfect society, where every decision is made for its members based on statistics. One of those decisions is who you will be matched with, or who you will marry. Cassia gets a perfect match, but when she opens the document to learn more about her match, the face of a different boy appears.

Now she's faced with the choice to follow what her society wants her to do, or make her own choices. 

It's really a fantastic read, especially for anyone who loved Divergent (which I did!). There were similarities because of the dystopian genre, but Matched was still fresh, creative and exciting.

Matched basically sets up a bigger story, so at the end of the book, you're ready to know what happens next. I'm excited to read the sequel, Crossed.  

It was very good! I recommend it!

Comments

Popular Posts