My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Whale of a Tale of a Nail

I've a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads
A tale of a nail or two!
How I use my hands and don't wear shoes
And blood and cut and pain and bruise
I swear by my tattoo! 

First, I accidentally kicked the edge of our tile steps last night. It hurt like a beast. There was blood. It  knocked off my nail polish, which worried me that my nail came off too, but it stayed on. I nearly fainted at the thought. I was still limping this morning.

Then my thumbnail broke this afternoon when I was handling boxes at work. I am so thankful that my nails "peel" apart, or I would have been in some MAJOR pain.
 
 
The end.
 
P.S. Fifty points for knowing the original lyrics to the beginning song and where they are from!

Comments

Joel R said…
I know the answer, but does it count if I learned it from Google?
Hm, you can have half-credit for looking it up, but full credit for knowing it prior to this post.
Lilly said…
got a whale of a tale to tell you, lads
a whale of a tale or two!
'bout the flappin' fish and the girls I've loved
on nights like this with the moon above
I swear by my tattoo

there was Mermaid Minnie
met her down in Madagascar
she would kiss me
anytime that I would ask her
then one evening
her flame of love blew out
blow me down and pick me up
she swapped me for a trout!

yes I could keep going...it's from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea! to be fair I have never seen the original source, but it was on a Disney Sing-a-Long tape I had as a child and I will never forget those lyrics!
Unknown said…
I think you missed the line:

"a whale of a tale and it's all true"

My brother would dance around singing this song, much to the amusement of my family. He and I watched 20,000 Leagues a lot. :)

Popular Posts