My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Destroying Toys

As a child, I was not allowed to cut my barbies' hair or draw on their faces. I was taught to take good care of my toys. It was so engrained in me that when I got a doodle bear, I felt the freedom of rebellion in writing all over it, which was its purpose.

Freedom of rebellion...that's an interesting concept.

Anyways. I have failed to teach my dog the same respect for toys. As soon as he receives a toy, he makes it his purpose to take it apart. Maybe he's going to be an engineer, because I've heard that's a trait of child engineers. Except that those kids usually put the toys back together. Rufio hasn't learned that part.

Maybe he's just a dog.

For many weeks, he had been working on removing the nose from his stuff-animal dog (I know, it's somewhat cannibalistic). The moment he finally detatched the nose from the face, he ran victoriously around the house with it in his mouth.

I'm talking laps. I'm talking skipping around.

It was similar to when an army beheads the general of their enemy army and rides around town showing it off. You know...when they used to do that... I saw it in a movie once.

I'm thinking of getting him a jigsaw puzzle for Christmas so I can teach him how to produce and not just to destroy. How to build up, not to tear down. How to gather stones together and not cast them away. 'Cause right now the only thing he produces is....well, you know. Poop.

Maybe I'll get him a doodle bear!

Comments

Unknown said…
I don't remember taking apart my toys. I mean... I did destroy that one ginger Barbie and turn her into a shemale thus disturbing my parents into thinking I was in the early stages of lesbianism. But, I did LOVE K'nex sets, my brother's Legos, and linkin logs.

Maybe I SHOULD have become an architect instead, like my dad originally recommended.

Anywya, atleast Rufio "produces" outside. Teegar still likes to drop bombs in his kitty litter box, not cover it up, and leave my room smelling horrible.

I swear, I'm toilet training my cats this year.
Joshua said…
David beheaded Goliath after the whole slingshot thing. I bet it was quite a sight of power and victory. I also bet Goliath had one heavy head due to his large size.
Dana said…
Lol, my dogs do the same thing! I think its all dogs... between my parents, sister, and I there are 7 dogs and they all take apart their toys. I stopped buying really nice toys, I usually buy really cheap gloves and my three love them.

Popular Posts