My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Growing Daisy


Daisy's growing up before my very eyes! Every time she hits a new phase, I think, "Oh yeah, babies do this." Today she opened a kitchen cabinet, pulled out plastic bowls and threw them around the kitchen. Oh yeah, babies do that.



She crawls around like a champ, pulls up on short tables, and even climbs up steps. She eats everything we put in front of her: carrots, green beans, and apples to name a few. Our infant toilet training is still happening at a slow pace. She poops on the toilet once or twice a week, when I can get her on the toilet at the right time. When this occurs, there is much rejoicing.

She is in a major attachment phase right now, which is super endearing, but can also be a little frustrating. Luckily, daddy is an acceptable substitute most of the time.

She used to go to sleep at 6:30pm and basically sleep until 7:30am (with me waking her up to eat at 10:30pm), but last week she didn't want to go to sleep at all ever. I spent many long stretches rocking and holding her in the dark, quiet nursery. As much as I wanted her to go to sleep, it was special bonding time where I could pray over her and rejoice over the blessing that she is.



We named her Daisy Love, because of God's love for us - that He calls us His children (1 John 3:1). When I think about how much I love her (a whole freaking lot!!), it helps me wrap my brain around how much God loves me, which isn't an easy concept for me to accept.


I'll leave you with a cute video. Last week went to Denny's on my birthday for a free birthday grand slam, where this happened:

[Update: Sorry, I can't get the video to load, and I'm too lazy to figure it out right now. I'll try to upload it in the near future!]


Comments

Popular Posts