My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Game NOT Over!

I recently picked up my Legend of Zelda Wind Waker game again. I started my game in May 2010. In April 2011, I declared on this blog that I was going to finish the game, but instead I set it aside for two more years.

I play video games much different now that I'm a mother. It used to be all about the quest, but now my momma bear, protective, bad a-- nature kicks in with the bad guys. I whack them to purple smoke with my boomerang, sword, and bow and arrow. 

I'm all like, "Oh, no you don't! Wha chaaaa! Yeah, that's right." 

There's a part of Wind Waker called the savage labyrinth, where you jump into a hole that leads to a room of bad guys, kill the bad guys, jump into another hole, repeat for 50 rooms. Between each set of ten rooms there's a break room with no bad guys and a way to exit the labyrinth. However, if you exit, you have to start over from room one. 

A couple weeks ago I got through room 30, where you get a treasure map. I ACCIDENTALLY exited, so I had to do it all over again to get to the 50th level where you get a piece of heart (not a big reward for all that domination). 

I immediately re-did the first 30 levels, and got all the way to level 50, conquered two of the four bad guys, was so close I could taste it, and died. GAME OVER. It was extremely frustrating. 

Last night I did it again. 

By "did it again," I mean I got to the 50th level and died before victory. Right as I tried to drink my life-giving potion, little Link died, and those awful words spelled themselves across the screen. Game Over.

I thought many unkind words and imagined throwing the controller into the screen, but maintained control over myself. I said, "Seriously!!! It happened AGAIN!?" 

I wish I could have said, "Whatever. I don't need another dinky piece of heart, It isn't worth doing it again." But darn it, yes it is. I had to conquer this annoying 50-level villain labyrinth, or it would always bother me. 

As Bugs Bunny would say, "Of course you know, this means war." 

Well, boom goes the dynamite. I did the whole thing tonight and won. Booyah. I was calm, relaxed and fighting like a kokiri ninja. No savage villain can stop me, not even four mighty warriors and walls that blow fire at you while you fight.


Comments

Popular Posts