My Etsy Shop - Instagram

The Ghost of Blogs Past

The past couple days, I've been reading through my old blog from 2004-2005, when I was a freshman and sophomore at UCF. It's been fun reliving those years.

I had a fire for life. I was zealous (even too zealous about some things). I was excited about everything. I think I might start linking to some of those old posts, because many of them express how I feel today. The only problem is that there is no way of finding posts based on content, only based on date. That will be difficult for me to link to specific posts. We'll see how it goes.

In one post I discussed how I used to want to be an actress. I talked about how I desired a family more than career. As I was reading that today, I thought to myself, "I am the same person." I still desire to be in film making, whether acting or somehow involve in production. Longevity of interest in something is one of my ways of making a decision about pursuing things (i.e. getting ears pierced, marrying Zane, etc.)

Zane and I are taking a film acting class this fall. I just wrote the deposit check. I originally said that I wanted to have finished my writing class before starting something else, but I think I'll try to double it up this fall. Being married without kids is somewhat like being single, in that you can still pursue personal goals that involve night classes.

I had to learn this through experience, but my younger self thought life would be different after marriage, and it's actually not that different. One still experiences the same desires that one experienced before saying "I do." In my case, I am blessed to have a husband that encourages me to pursue these desires and that will actually pursue them with me.

We'll start classes in September, so stay tuned for more on that.

Comments

Joel R said…
To search your old blog type in the search term followed by site:http://fantasticallyamazing.xanga.com/ into Google. It will search only your blog. IE search for sad (sad site:http://fantasticallyamazing.xanga.com/)

Popular Posts