My Etsy Shop - Instagram

Black and White Pound Cake


I made this cake for my sister's birthday in March. Then Zane made it for our church picnic baking contest. Both times it came out a little dry, so I highly recommend making a glaze to go on top. The recipe is from a book called Bundt Cake Bliss that Zane's mom gave me. She also gave me the sweet chrysanthemum pan I made it in. (P.S. I learned how to spell "chrysanthemum" from Anne of Green Gables. Anybody? Anybody? Yeah.)

Look, I don't really want to write out the recipe, because you can just go check the book out from the library and make it yourself. (Oohh...that sounded spiteful, but I didn't mean for it to be). Instead I'll just share the pictures of the process.

If you really want pound cake recipes, I'll give you a much better one later: the age-old timeless great-grandma recipe. It's good.

Back to Black and White cake.
Baker's Joy - it really does bring this baker joy. Not a paid advertisement! Just the best product out there.

Mmmmm...old stove that needs to be cleaned. Oh well, this photo is from the old apartment, so someone else can clean that stove.

This has been coated with a honey-chocolate glaze. I was experimenting. The result: honey and chocolate aren't supposed to go together.

I like to introduce a little color into a B&W world.

The inside. I just love that this was from scratch and it looks so pretty in the middle.

I'm not a skilled baker yet. I'd say that I'm still a squire, and someday I hope to become a knight. A baking knight, which is different from a UCF knight - because I already been there done that.

Comments

Popular Posts