My Etsy Shop - Instagram

The Wasp War...Battle

Yesterday my sister came over to hang out with me. First we went on a bike riding adventure, but less adventurous than my previous bike adventure.

Then I convinced her to help me paint the bathroom (more to come on that subject).

I walked outside to get my painting supplies, and during the brief amount of time that my front door was open, THIS GUY intruded my home:

Lydia and I spent forever (30 seconds) coming up with a plan on how to get him out. We assembled our weapons:
Lysol (because I don't have any bug-killing spray), lightweight plates to wave him away if he flies near us, and a knife to open the window without using my hands....which seemed like a good idea at the time.

There was much screaming and running and jumping hysterically (not like in a funny way, but in an uncontrollable fear way) throughout the process. The wasp man seemed to really like the window in the dining room, despite our efforts to wave air on him, which in our perfect plan would cause him to fly out the door on the opposite side of the room.

Plan B, which was a better plan, was to open the dining room window. There is a screen which would have been a problem (as seen in the picture), but that screen, has holes in it. Hallelujah.

Lyd covered me with the Lysol and plate, as I sneaked (not snuck, which is poor grammar) close to the window and unlatched the lock. This was done in two separate tries, because the wasp man kept pacing near my hand (well two feet from my hand, which is near enough).

Then I valiantly opened the window. The wasp man climbed through the crack and onto the screen. Then Lydia frantically told me to shut the window so he'd be stuck between the screen and the window. Let me just say - those seconds it took me to shut the window felt like years. My heart was pumping as I watched the wasp man crawling toward my hand. The window got stuck and I had to shove it really hard - just like you would imagine happening in the movies. And it will someday be featured in the movie of my life. 

Then the wasp man crawled around for a long time and I gave up watching to see if he'd find the hole in the screen. Before I gave up, though, I took that picture above. It was hard to get him to stand still for his photo. Wasp men are pretty prone to pacing.

As an added bonus, I'd like to share that I have never in my life of living in Florida been stung by a wasp, bee, yellow jacket, hornet, horse fly, or the like. I usually tend to learn things the hard way, but not when it comes to stingers. I avoid them. I avoid them well.

Comments

Unknown said…
Since reading this, I realized I probably have terrible grammar. I think this mostly because I'm sure that I have used "snuck" when I should have used "sneak"... but I refuse to ever use the word "snook". Unless of course I'm making fun of Jersey Shore and Snookie is the topic of harassment.

Popular Posts