My Etsy Shop - Instagram

I'm His Soul Sister

You know that new song Soul Sister by Train? Okay, well I love it. Firstly, I love the ukulele, then I also love the beat, plus I love the lead singer's voice.

Then I found it was Train! (I'm SO ignorant in popular music. I have no idea who sings what, but I do know what songs I like. My ignorance is an insult to musicians around the world). Train also sang my all-time favorite song from high school (all-time from HS=limited time): Drops of Jupiter. That song defined my life in high school...as much as acting like summer and walking like rain can define oneself.

So anyways, Zane and I had gotten into the habit of texting each other when we heard Soul Sister and saying things like, "I'm your soul sister," which was weird coming from Zane.

Then Saturday, I get home from a baby shower, and as soon as I walk in the door, Zane starts playing Soul Sister on his computer. He gets up, grabs me, and we start dancing around the living room. I love moments like those. It makes me hopeful that we'll never be an old married couple who has no fun (woah, I don't know anyone like that, I'm just stereotyping here).

Plus, Bonus! He made Soul Sister the ringtone on his phone for when I call. Yeah, I'm his soul sister/mate.

Comments

John Gjertsen said…
that's crazy you were in high school when drops of jupiter came out. You're such a kid!
Drops of Jupiter was my favorite song from high school, too.

Popular Posts